‘I am sweet sixteen and I am a rebel queen.’ Well, the famous lyrics definitely tell a lot about the special age of one and how much importance it holds. Sixteen is the age when the real teen spirit is actually spilled and children begin an entirely new journey by kicking the first bucket to early adulthood. It is a special birthday stop before eighteen when children actually cross a mountain and begin to see life in a more unique and colorful perspective. So don’t you think that this birthday of your beloved ones deserves a blast and the first thing you would need for it is some really cool and creative ideas!
Good plan: The key to success for a sweet 16 birthday
Planning can be considered as the heart of any successful event. Moreover, the sweet sixteen party is much more special than any other birthday year and requires extra attention. The preparation can be time taking and if you are looking forward to conducting a prim and perfect party, the foremost thing you will need is a good plan. You can plan out the sweet 16 party activities from ahead of time and be specific about them to avoid last minute confusions and hassles.
- Consider the details of décor and work on them from way before as they are the aspects that can trouble you in the last minute and you definitely don’t want that.
- Get some help from losing people as in your relatives and family members. The way your personal family members will help you will extend beyond boundaries. Plus you won’t feel the pressure of the entire preparation as well.
- Plan the menu and do some research in the taste buds of the guests who are going to visit the party. You can mix and match different food choices and preferences and that would surely take time.
- You can also hire professional party organizers if you think it is required and you will be able to keep up with the budget.
Sweet sixteen themes for an excellent party
Listed below are some of the excellent 16 year old birthday party ideas that you can definitely look forward to in order to organize an exciting and amazing event.
- A pool party – Beat the heat if you’re a summer child – Pool parties are very much in the trend nowadays and you can definitely opt for it if you have a pool at your place. There are amazing décor ideas for pool parties and it can make one of the best and unique sweet 16 party ideas! From lights, banners, candles to water floating props, you can use almost anything to decorate your pool. But when you are choosing this idea, you will need to be slightly cautious about the safety of the kids. Since it is not an adult party, it is best that some of the elders are present around, here and there and make sure that the party is organized during the day time.
- Outdoor movie fun – Outdoor movie centers are available in a lot of places nowadays and it is a great idea if the birthday person is a movie bug. You can get unlimited people there, go by walking, in a car and carry some really delicious snacks and you are sorted.
- Costume birthday party – This is one of the common party ideas but it is really fun and interesting when it comes to impressing teens. It would turn out to be the perfect occasion to flaunt the dresses of their favorite styles, themes and colors. Make sure you inform everyone about the party by keeping a little time in hand as deciding the special costumes and accessories might take time.
- The sweet sixteen cheerleader party – Cheerleader dresses can be bought and even mixed and matched at home. If your daughter is turning sixteen, this would be a perfect birthday party for her and her companions. Just not cheer leader dresses but you can also get cheer leader cakes, cheer leader party props, dancing props and more.
- The mocktail party – Mocktail party is another interesting idea that you can come up with. The kids can enjoy making and mixing their own mocktail. You can also call up a catering service but getting to make your own mocktail is always more exciting. Raspberry lemonade slushies, Smoothie jellies, Apple, elderflower and mint sparkle are some of the best options for young mocktail fans. Yes, you can also add some flavor shots to them if you want to. The more you pep up the mocktail recipe the more fun it shall be. You can use almost anything you like, starting from lime and orange slices, cheese cubes, lettuce to cherry tomatoes; you can use almost anything to spice up the drinks.
- Making it more special with BBQ – Well, this is a pretty widespread idea but who does not like BBQ? It is the best idea if you have a spacious front or back yard. All you will need is a nice griller, some outdoor sitting arrangement, a couple of col lights and that is it. You are sorted.
- A birthday vacation – A short vacation of two days is indeed not a bad idea. You can choose a weekend getaway or a good nearby resort and arrange a stay with some selective friends. This can be quite a change and will make them feel special.
- A favorite theme sweet sixteen party– Choose the theme that is closest to the taste of the birthday girl or boy and simply throws a party based on that. Theme parties are always fun as the decorating part is highly interesting as you have to get everything matching to the chose theme. You can collect the props; go shopping for the props together.
- Puppet show party – This is something new. You can hire some puppet show organizers as it will become easier on your part and kids can enjoy better. You can choose to do it indoor as well as outdoor. The set-up is the hectic part so choosing a professional set of an interior designer would be the best and wise idea.
- A way back to all old memories party – Well, if you really want to add some value and touch the birthday girl’s or boy’s heart, collect and decorate all the old photographs from all corners of the house for them and find a time to cherish them together. This is a great opportunity to spend some quality family time and explore those old memories stuck in those old albums that you hardly get any time to touch. Definitely, you can add on ot6her fun activities to the birthday event along with this to spice it up but the photo idea shall really add a lot of value to the celebration.
- A cooking party – Cooking can be a great idea on the other hand as all of them can cherish right in the comfort of their home and enjoy some really spicy gossips and delicious meals. You can let them decide the menu from a little ahead of time so that all the ingredients are present and there is n last minute hassle.
- Escape room party – This is one of the most interesting and exciting sweet 16 birthday party ideas that you will probably come across. The escape room is a perfect party option for an adventure lover and it is gaining popularity day by day. Find out about the escape game from an online site.
- Outdoor food truck party – This is indeed one of the sweet sixteen birthday ideas, that will be perfect for a person who is a fan of outdoor parties. Fresh air, mild sunlight, a truck loaded with amazing snacks and meals, the perfect friends and people serving the dishes just as you want them to. Well, this can be really memorable. Just make sure you choose a perfect location.
- A full on surprise party – Surprises are never bad and everyone loves it whether they are six, sixteen or sixty. If it is a 16th birthday ideas for a girl, it is going to work even better. Girls love surprises and you can certainly pep their mood up with a sudden birthday blast after they have returned from a tiring day.
- The photo booth set-up – Well setting up a photo booth can be the most entertaining idea ever. Sweet sixteen is the time when every girl wants to be lady like and flaunt their beauty so why not have them click some really amazing snaps with friends by professionals on a special day that they can cherish in the long run.
- Talk about yourself party – Well, when it is about hitting sixteen, almost everyone loves about speaking about themselves as this is the age when they look for more social acceptance. Organizing a party where the birthday girl or boy and their companions can talk about themselves,, get to know each other better would indeed be a great idea to make the social life more easy and interesting for them.
Sweet 16 decorations to make it special
Now that you have already undergone a brainstorming session about the sweet 16 birthday ideas and themes, the following shall give you some heads up about the decors. Decoration is the ultimate glory of a birthday party and it is best to research and organize a few fruitful and feasible ideas in your mind before you get into the prep part.
- Birthday Cake Chandeliers – Birthday cake chandeliers are a new concept that many are showing interest in. You can start preparing for the party from a little ahead of time. Making handmade chandeliers at home is fun, and you will not have to think about spending a bank breaking amount.
- Confetti Poppers with surprise messages – Confetti poppers are colorful, attractive and impressive and you can add an edge to that by inserting secret and surprise messages in them. Each of the friends, family members and relatives can write down a piece of message for the birthday girl or boy that they wanted to convey for a long time. But the fun part begins when they are going to guess who really wrote the message for them.
- Stuffed toy party – Stuffed toys might sound too childish as a part of the sweet sixteen ideas but if done right it can turn out to be really interesting. It can add plenty of colors and excitement to the party. You can get their favorite cartoon characters or any characters from the movies. This adorable decoration idea can really cheer them up.
- Glow-in-the-dark decors – This decoration idea can be really interesting as it 8s totally out of the box. It will be a dark themed birthday party and you have to invest the maximum on glow stickers, masks and tattoos. Just keep them reading hanging from the corners or stuck on the wall and waiting for everyone to come down.
- Using his/her favorite quotes and posters – Everyone has some favorite quotes and why not use them as the decoration props. You will need to get as many and you can make them look interesting by cutting the quote papers into a variety of shapes, hanging or putting them up in different styles and also making prestos out of them.
- Disco back ground – This shall be more of a happening background as you will have to equip the place nicely with some disco ball lights, mocktail sections, table accessories and other props. This can be real fun as the teens can enjoy in their DIY pub right at the comfort of their homes.
- Hanging chocolates and snacks – This is a great idea and it will not take much time also. All you have to do is make a unique collection of some of the best chocolates, candies and other confectionaries available and tie them with beautiful and colorful ribbons. You can try making some really cool designs and go all creative with the tie-ups to make it look more interesting. It doesn’t have to be snacks all the time, you can tie decorate with any snacks you want but just make sure that they are dry and comparatively light in weight.
- The Victorian era theme party decorations – The Victorian era is a sensation when it comes to teens nowadays. The world is round and they kind of cherish dressing up in an old school way or watch old British films. Many young minds are now fascinated with offbeat, old fashioned things if you take a look around and if you think your child is one of them, you can try the Victorian era theme as one of the 16th birthday ideas.
- Mimicking a movie set – Well, this is a fabulous idea but remember you will need big preparation for this. You can pick a random theme of a movie and the more feasible it is, the better it would be for you. You can pick an interesting theme and make try to mimic it as close as possible. Choose a convenient space in your house for the theme. To add more perfection to the decoration, you can hire a professional interior decorator. There are services available which are quite affordable and you certainly would not regret it.
- Back yard carnival – Well, you can decorate the entire backyard with tattoo stations, food stalls, photo booth, mini ice cream corners or any other arrangement that is used in a carnival. If you are looking for a birthday party full of life, the carnival decoration shall surely make the cut.
Listed above were some of the top innovative and creative sweet 16 birthday ideas that you can definitely use. There are hardcore party theme ideas as well as décor ideas. You can pick any from the list and also customize the ideas just as you want to.
If you are organizing a proper theme based party and planning to call upon a lot of guests, it is best to seek professional assistance.
A professional agency shall know how to make your birthday party look even more special. Or else, if you are trying to do it all by yourself getting help from family members, it is recommended that you start the preparation a little ahead of time and try to have a good plan. It is best to split responsibilities into multiple people so that you do not have to face all that last minute pressure alone. So, good luck with your upcoming party and hope that you are able to present it at your level best and make the day forever memorable!